The terms of five current members of the NCADA Board of Directors will expire in June 2017. Nominations for the five vacant Director positions are now being accepted to serve a three year term beginning at the close of the 2017 Annual Meeting through the close of the 2020 Annual Meeting.
Director responsibilities include:
- Regular attendance and participation at quarterly meetings of the Board;
- Membership recruitment and retention;
- Contributing and participating in Association programs and services;
- Other individual responsibilities as required.
To qualify for a position on the NCADA Board of Directors, the nominee should
- Be a member in good standing with the North Carolina State Bar and the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys; and
- Shown commitment and support of the NCADA through regular attendance at the NCADA's Annual Meeting, other programs and activities.
Leadership opportunities in the NCADA’s Practice Groups are open for nominations. Members interested in the continued growth and relevance of the NCADA through its practice groups will be considered for leadership positions in the following areas of practice: Construction, Commercial, Employment, General Liability, Government, Medical Malpractice, Product Liability and Workers’ Compensation.
The following information should be included in the nomination:
1) Member Name, Firm, contact information and a brief biographical sketch;
2) Brief statement by the nominee of his or her availability and commitment to actively serve as a member of the Board, or as a practice group leader;
3) Brief statement why nominee would like to serve as a member of the Board of Directors, or as a practice group leader.
Persons interested in submitting a nomination may E mail or write to the Nominating Committee in care of Lynette Pitt, Executive Director (E mail: email@example.com; U.S. Mail: 3700 National Drive, Ste 212, Raleigh, NC 27612).
Nominations must be received no later than Monday, April 10, 2017, 5 p.m.